How do you get your mind off of somone you loved but know you will never see agen how to heal a broken heart

• View author's info Author Posted on Oct 09, 2005 at 12:45 AM

Its been almost 3 years and i still cant get a girl off my mind but i know i will never see her agen so somone please help me it makes it hard to start a new relationship any info would be great

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 19Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 29, 2009 at 12:29 PM

dw guys and girls my bf died 5 years ago he was shot in a gang fight his best mate aka his brother rushed me to him but later died no ambulance or nothing they just didnt call i just want a chance to no someones guna be there for the rest my life am 18 not 19 and i just feel after 5 years he was the one i loved most just be strong hold on tight cos girls/guys sumone wil always b by ur side no matter how hard it may be :) x
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2006 at 01:40 AM

I am in the same situtaion its been 2 or 3 years since I last seen him. I think he is in the Army Reserve.I think that some things you never get over know matter how hard you try.
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2006 at 02:59 PM

Hi knight,

Life moves on, dont put you head down for any. Thus, life is precious enjoy it while you can. You are young....Take care and good luck to u
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 05, 2006 at 04:48 PM

I'm 29 years old, my boyfriend was 46 when he passed away this year, he passed away of a heart attack. Steve served in the Marines when he was young, he spoke with so much love of his time, the love he had for his brothers that continue to serve today. I'm not sure I will ever get over this pain, is there life after you have loved someone in such a open honest way?
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 03, 2006 at 06:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear about that,my best friend who later in our lives became my husband. He has been in the military for six years,we have not lived together for the past two almost three years due to him leaving so much. He came home after being gone for almost nine months, he did not have his ring on, and said he did not love me any more. Not only did he leave me to pick up the broken pieces, he left our two kids also. We talk to him once a week or so, saw him for ten days around Christmas that was the first we had seen him for almost a year. He left and I still can't stop loving him, I have been 100% faithful and will stay that way till were divorced. If I were you tell her if my husband still loved me I'd want him to tell me, I still tell him, but he doesn't tell me any more.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 07, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Wow....
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, but at the same time I know just how you feel, cause I've been asking myself the same question for the last 3 years and a half.
    My ex-boyfriend and I were together for about 6 years on and off. we were engaged for about 3, but things were very hard.
    I loved him more than my own life, and I knew he loved me very much too.
    but I guess it just wasn't in the stars for us to be together.
    We broke up 3 1/2 years ago. And there hasn't been a day when I don't think or hurt for him. This year I finally got the courage and decided to look for him (hoping that he still loved me).
    I got in contact with his sister the first week of this year, and I found out that he got married last year and has a 5 month old baby boy.....
    I guess I finally have closure.

My advice to you is to look for her, maybe you still have a chance, she could be feeling the same way.
    And if by any chance she doesn't, at least you'll know that you tried, and you can finally have closure.

Best of luck, I truly hope your love story has a happier ending than mine.

thanks everybody for listening to me too.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 25, 2006 at 08:19 PM

Do you get over it? I ask myself that everyday. Right now I would say no. My problem is not that fact the person i loved so much i would never see again. My problem is the person i loved, i will still see because of our son. But I will see him with her!!!! I can't stand it. Sorry I am new to the site but I saw these postings and wanted to vent. My husband of 5 yrs just one day said I want to sep & divorce, I have no feelings for you anymore. And I will never be able to get them back. But so convient when I move home he dives into a deep relationship with the stupid ***** that tried to take him from me before. WHAT DO I DO? HELP??? I can't get it off my mind. And if they have a relationship he better never bring her near me!

Thanks for listening everybody,

Sincerely,

Jen AKA Hurting so Bad!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 03, 2006 at 01:47 PM

well i have many people on here that make me smile, and take my mind off my heart. all i can do is stick around and see what transpires. but i'm glad i've had so many people to talk to and enjoy myself around. thank you all.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2005 at 08:15 PM

Ultimate - believe me..it is her loss!! You are right to keep a small place in your heart for her and your good memories. Hang tight with the ones you love and trust... you will get through it - no problem!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 27, 2005 at 02:02 PM

oh crumbs so many young, male broken hearts.. and from what i can see its an elite number of younger females that have done it.. not all us girls are like that...young &..more mature girls.... some of us are genuine like yourselves, the only advice i can give is family helps.. as our cute firefighter already said.. but havnt we all been there and been through it and still keep doing it....sigh...its just nice to know theres lots of lovely people to cheer us up...on here.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 26, 2005 at 07:53 PM

my most recent relationship, which ended literally 3 days ago. and i did say DAYS, i believe is was pert of my xmas present lol, not sure though. we only dated for 8 months, but it was the best relationship i had ever been in. but when the time came she told me she didn't want to date me anymore, i was very very broken hearted. i had a real rough couple of days. but fortunatly i cold see my family and my best friend. and just seein those few people helped me get my mind off of things. i'll never truely be over her, but in order to preserve my sanity, i had to just...let...go. i wish i didn't have to, but i she made her choice and i had to live with it. this is a similar situation on a smaller scale, but what i'm tryin to say is that everyone is different on how they get through the tough times of loss in this matter. maybe just lettin go would work for you, maybe not. if you find a better way than i had to settle with, you're a bigger person than i am.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 18, 2005 at 02:06 PM

Woman... I don't know how you made it out alive. Props to you!! Thank God you're sane.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2005 at 09:12 PM

I was married for ten years when out of the blue my husband called me at work and said he no longer wanted to be married any more and moved out. Little did I know that he had been dating my best friend that I still have to work with and I have to hear how wonderful things are for them and pictures of their wedding on her desk. Even though he was a jerk I never hated him and it took me a year to give up on him. My brother once told me " dont cry for what you lost, smile for what you had.
    I dated someone for three months but unfortunately he got orders and didn't want to persue a long distance relationship. When I met him it was then I realized I had nothing in common with my ex. Everything in life happens for a reason, sometimes we have to have the bad so when we have the good you can know its something wonderful. One of these days you are going to meet someone wonderfull and you will think of your ex less and less.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 14, 2005 at 12:11 PM

shes right give it beer lmao sorry I know how you feel. I blew a good relationship up with jealousy and not tusting him. Its hard but unlike me you will find a better one. If its meant to be.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 12, 2005 at 05:56 PM

it is allll good son... :) i was in a four year relationship and it ended two years ago... after a year of self destructive behavior and therapy (that's right... my therapist didn't know i was doing crazy stuff though), i got my act together and was able to seriously date other guys... now, another year later (it's been 2 years since we broke it off).. i have been able to fall in and out of love with others. It's fine. It's all gravy baby. You'll be fine. Give it beer and time and therapy if you need to.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 08, 2005 at 11:09 AM

i wish i can help you but like u can see we are far awy '''' but don't worry that happend to me to ; but now evrything is good with me and i'm ready to star with a realtion
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 20, 2005 at 10:59 PM

alix_knight write:
    Its been almost 3 years and i still cant get a girl off my mind but i know i will never see her agen so somone please help me it makes it hard to start a new relationship any info would be great

Hello alix_knight,

It is important to speak to your ex-girlfriend (preferably face to face) and bring closure to what happened.

If you find out that she still loves you and cares about you, then maybe you should consider getting back together (A couple in love since the high school days is special to find!).

If you find out that the girl does not feel the same way about you, then it is very important to move on and to get over the difficult emotions and thoughts of her. If a year from now, you still find it very difficult to move on and start healthy relationships with other women, seeing a counsellor or a therapist would help you a lot. (In fact it will solve the problem for you.) Frequently thinking of an ex can turn into an obssession with the ex and is toxic for starting other relationships.
    I know a friend who was unable to forget an ex-girlfriend who didn't even think of him, for 6 years and he could not start a serious relationship. He got over the girl, after he saw a therapist. He's relieved and quite happy now.

You are very young and you have a potentially interesting life ahead...Make the best of it!...Right now it is important to think about crucial things such as college education, a rewarding career, stability and enjoying your twenties.
    Think about it...If it happens that the girl does not think of you lovingly, then you wouldn't want to waste time thinking of her...you could use that time more productively such as taking up on a new hobby, studying for exams or going out dancing with interesting babes...until you meet the right girl who would value you much more.

I hope this helps!

Take care sweetie.

Cheers
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 09, 2005 at 11:39 AM

alix_knight write:

Well my dear, it sounds like you didn't have closure with this girl.
    I am not sure what the circumstances were for the ending of your relationship. If you are still thinking about her, more then likely, you are rememebring what it was and not what it became and why.
    Sometimes, simply by contacting that person, you can place everything back into prespective.
    She is not the same person you remember and neither are you.
    You might find you are no longer attracted to who she is now,,,, and again you might be.
    One thing for sure, you might just settle your troubled thoughts and be able to move on if you were to talk to her one more time.
    Time does not always heal all wounds but you can choose to face them head on or live in the memories.

Good Luck sweetie.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 09, 2005 at 02:48 AM

You said you loved her. Maybe you still do. You don't have to get into another relationship. If you still love her then don't give up. How do you know you will never see her again? Has she moved on and been married? Do you know for a fact that she has moved on? If you have the desire to move on, then you may need to start or finish the painful process of greiving. I still love my ex-husband who divorced me and wonder if I will ever have the chance to be re-united with him. I sometimes wonder if he ever even misses me or thinks of me. I also know that I had to let go because he wanted me to and said he is not in love with me anymore. After two years of fighting the divorce and wanting him to love me back I realized that I would have to learn to let go. I never signed the divorce papers. He won by no contest because I could not afford the plane ticket or the lawyers for the court date. I cannot make someone love me back even if they once did. I am praying for you. Sorry to hear about your broken heart.
Follow - email me when people comment