Old fashion values where did they go Military dating

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 26, 2006 at 11:00 AM

was just wondering where are all the old fasion values went did they go out the window . I think that in this world we live in today, everybody is looking for status and not looking for some one to spend the rest of there life with as it once was said many times before men and woman look for looks ,money, status look at me I am married I drive a nice car, live above my means in debt all the time. Don't get me wrong I would like the fairy tales to come true the ones we where read to as a child but the reality of life sink in , I would like to find prince charming the one that loves me for me with all the ups and downs of life has to give , I feel when you find true love and build a life together what comes comes weather it be a nice little house in suberbs or a shack on the beach when you love one another you never know what to expect and once was said you get out of it what you put into it,There is no manul to tell you how to live you'r life LOL that would be to easy LOL, So when life gives you lemons make lemonade , so live ,love , and be happy we only get one lifetime so why not enjoy it .

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2010 at 09:48 AM

"I do not think their any left out there with old fashion values. But its funny though because when men want to settle down, have family and such. The first thing they look for if a women with old fashion values. Like they say " Lady on the street but freak in bed..""But its really hard to tell now a days who is the real deal and who is not."

Ugh yeah. I have never had any luck with guys. It is like when I go on a date, they expect me to give them intimacy... Personally, I only believe in doing that with someone you plan on being with for your life or at least an extended amount of time.
    As soon as guys figure I won't put out, they just become disinterested. Maybe I really am that uninteresting haha.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2009 at 10:07 PM

what ever happened to GENTLEMEN opening up doors and pulling the chair out for u and helping to push it back in as u sit down?
    What ever happened to sending a surprize thing of flowers to just say thanks for a good time?(esp when there was no involved)?
  • View author's info Posted on May 01, 2006 at 04:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently "dating" a younger man. This is something I said I would never do. He is also a co-worker and this is also something I said I would never do. He is 32 and I'm 41. He is single (never married) with no children and a good job. He doesn't party or hang out or act like a young "thug" and he has no criminal record. He likes older women and has been after me for a year and a half almost. I was agraid because I was looking for a mature, settled man my age. But unfortunately the men my age are not Mature and Settled. A lot of them act like teenagers. And the worst of it, they are not ready to settle down yet.

Soooooooo, I decided to give this handsome younger man a try. Best of all he has morales and tries to accomodate me. I like him and am very curious about where this will go.

And yes, like most Americans, I am in debt and my goal for 2006/2007 is to get out of debt once and for all and stay out.

Lee
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 04:02 PM

I do not think their any left out there with old fashion values. But its funny though because when men want to settle down, have family and such. The first thing they look for if a women with old fashion values. Like they say " Lady on the street but freak in bed..""But its really hard to tell now a days who is the real deal and who is not.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 11, 2006 at 03:56 PM

I agree with you 100%. I'm single and have been trying to do this on-line dating thing. But everything is so materialistic. Guys want to know how much you make and want to see how attactive you are. Once you talk to them, they are not interested in getting to know you; it's a sex game out there. That scares me. I just want someone to love and grow old with. I want them to "court" me like a man is supposed to. I want us to come together because we genuinely like each other.

I suppose it's equally as hard for men. The women out there are looking for status. A lot of men approach me and try to impress me with their status or things, but they have no character or don't know how to treat a woman.

I want a man with those old fashioned values; who loves home cooking, a good woman, his kids and working hard to have a safe and happy home. You know the man who loves coming home at night.

I hope we both find that true love that sustains us in life.

Lee

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment